Donna Jackson Nakazawa
Donna Jackson Nakazawa is an award-winning science journalist interested in exploring the intersection between neuroscience, immunology, and the deepest inner workings of the human heart.
Her most recent book, Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology, and How You Can Heal, examines the lifelong consequences—both emotional and physical—of adverse childhood experiences, and offers readers suffering from chronic conditions a window to healing.
Donna’s other works include The Autoimmune Epidemic (Touchstone, Simon & Schuster, 2008, 2009), which investigates the causes of a growing environmental health crisis, and The Last Best Cure (Hudson Street Press / Penguin, 2013), which chronicles a year-long journey to test a variety of mind-body therapies in order to unlock the restorative powers of the brain. She is also the author of A groundbreaking book showing the link between Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and adult illnesses such as heart disease, autoimmune disease, and cancer—Childhood Disrupted also explains how to cope with these emotional traumas and even heal from them. (Perseus, 2003).
In this episode, we talk with Donna Jackson Nakazawa about her new book, Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology, and How You Can Heal. I invited Donna on because I think the information in this new book is vital for therapists.
Donna has a wonderful way of breaking down this information in an accessible and useful way. What she shares about intergenerational trauma is fascinating.
- Donna’s website
- Donna’s blog
- Donna’s books
- The Autoimmune Epidemic, Donna Jackson Nakazawa
- The Last Best Cure: My Quest to Awaken the Healing Parts of My Brain and Get Back My Body, My Joy, a nd My Life, Donna Jackson Nakazawa
- Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology, and How You Can Heal, Donna Jackson Nakazawa
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study
- The ACE survey
- Donna on Facebook
- ACEs Connection Network
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com