Trauma Therapist Live: Do Less Be More
Today, another episode of Trauma Therapist Live.
These are shorter episodes during which I focus in on topics that have come up on the podcast which have resonated with me and which I feel are pertinent to the work we do.
The topic on this episode of doing less.
I love this subject because in a sense it is a call to action.
It’s a not-so-quite invitation for us, as therapists, to be mindful of exactly what we’re doing in session, the relevant and the not so relevant.
It’s a reminder for us to be aware of what our purpose is in session, which each of our different clients.
And finally, it is a waking-up bell for us, as individuals, to be aware of our Why, both personally and professionally.
My name is Guy Macpherson. I am a husband, father, and brother. I have a doctorate in clinical psychology and focus on the study of trauma and early psychosis. My passion is raising the awareness of trauma and helping trauma therapists thrive via:
- Sharing trauma information and materials
- The Trauma Therapist | Podcast
- Trauma Therapist | 2.0
For the last seven years I have dedicated myself to the study of trauma psychology, trauma therapy, post-traumatic growth, and most recently, the intersection of trauma and psychosis.
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com