Danny Brom is the Founding Director of the Israel Center for the Treatment of Psychotrauma of Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem.
Dr. Brom is a certified clinical psychologist and an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Baerwald School of Social Work and Social Welfare of Hebrew University. The trauma center creates new responses to unmet needs of traumatized populations. The Center includes a clinical and training center, and projects for young children, the Ethiopian Jews in Israel, released soldiers and children with problems of emotion regulation.
Among Danny Brom’S publications are the books Treating Traumatized Children: Risk, Resilience and Revery (Brom, Pat-Horenczyk & Ford, eds., 2009) and Helping Children Cope with Trauma: Individual, Family and Community Perspectives (Pat-Horenczyk, Brom & Vogel, eds., 2014) His main effort goes to bridging the gap between scientific data and the development of service provision in the community.
Trust your clients, trust that they can do it, as long as you are there.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Danny shares the story of being a young child and both growing up with and being influenced by his parents who worked with children of the holocaust.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Danny talks about an experience of doing an intake session with a woman and too quickly moving to ask his client to describe her trauma.
For some reason I have this inborn optimism, and I bring that to the field. I really have the feeling that the people I work with can get to a better place. And it’s amazing to see that happening right before your eyes.
- You need to find programs that let you work hands on, and that let you experience the work itself.
Danny’s go-to books
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence–From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, Judith L. Herman
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk MD
- Treating Traumatized Children: Risk, Resilience and Recovery, Danny Brom
- Coping with Trauma by Brom, Danny, Defares, Peter B., Kleber, Rolf J. (2003) Paperback, Danny, Defares, Peter B., Kleber, Rolf J. Brom
- [email protected]
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com