Rev. Sheri Heller, LCSW is a New York City psychotherapist and interfaith minister in private practice. Sheri is also a freelance writer, a playwright and the creator of a therapeutic theater event for at-risk women and girls in the public sector of New York City. Sheri’s journey of recovery was told through an animated film short by OC87 Recovery Diaries, aired on PBS. She is the author of A Clinicians Journey from Complex Trauma to Thriving: Reflections on Abuse, C-PTSD and Reclamation, available in paperback and digital.
In This Episode:
- Sheri shares the story of her difficult childhood and the long path of recovery and healing.
- Sheri talks about an early clinical experience with a particular client during her time in a detox setting.
- Be comfortable doing the inner-work.
- The more you evolve as a person, the more you simply have to offer.
- Create a life of very rich self-care and creativity.
- A Clinician’s Journey from Complex Trauma to Thriving: Reflections on Abuse, C-PTSD and Reclamation, Rev. Sheri Heller, LCSW.
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence–From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, Judith Herman.
- Homecoming: Reclaiming and Championing Your Inner Child, John Bradshaw
- Sheri’s website