Carolyn Daitch, PhD
Dr. Carolyn Daitch is the director of the Center for the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders in Farmington Hills, Michigan. She is a certified and approved consultant, former Vice President and elected Fellow with the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, elected fellow of Michigan Psychological Association, President of the Michigan Society of Clinical Hypnosis, and is a certified Imago relationship therapist. She is recognized for her practical, easy to implement interventions.
Dr. Daitch’s time is split between clinical practice, supervision, consultation and teaching. She routinely gives training to practitioners in the United States and abroad.
Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.
Its takes 40 days to change a habit, 120 days to master a habit, and one thousand days for the habit to become who you are.
Carolyn Daitch, PhD
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Carolyn shares her experience of how she got into the field of anxiety, beginning from working at a middle school talking with kids, and then being forced to develop skills and techniques to help them manage their anxiety.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Carolyn talks about the time she first began working with a particular client who appeared to be compelled to share her entire trauma story. Carolyn respectfully let the client know that she didn’t have to rush and that they could come back to it. Carolyn explains how as the treatment unfolded she forgot to give the client the opportunity to complete the story and then how she was later able to provide the space for the client to share.
As Martin Seligman has said, in order to be happy we need to make a contribution, we need to be in flow and to be of service to others. I feel so fortunate that this is what I love to do.
- Do as much reading and get as much education as you possibly can.
- Speak to people who know more than you.
- Listen to yourself, and honor your own perceptions!
- Have a lot of tools in your toolbox.
Carolyn’s Go-To Books
- The Road to Calm Workbook: Life-Changing Tools to Stop Runaway Emotions, Carolyn Daitch Ph.D.
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- Trancework: An Introduction to the Practice of Clinical Hypnosis, Michael D. Yapko
- The Center for the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders
- Carolyn’s website
- Carolyn’s email: [email protected]
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com