Bringing Humanity to Suicide Assessment with Dr. Rebecca Milner
Dr. Rebecca Milner is an Assistant Professor with the East Tennessee State University Counseling Program, and the clinical mental health concentration coordinator.
Prior to taking a position as a full time counselor educator, Rebecca worked at a university counseling center as a generalist, and a public hospital as a member of the psychiatric emergency team.
In addition to teaching, Rebecca provides consulting services through her LLC, Empatheia Consulting, including psychoeducational and experiential workshops, personal and professional retreats, and organizational consulting services on a variety of mental health and wellness related topics.
Rebecca views counseling as an opportunity for her to partner with clients through a particularly challenging part of their life journey to offer support and collaboration. She believes in the healing power of the therapeutic relationship and uses person-centered, feminist/multicultural, and systems frameworks. She also incorporate expressive arts, narrative, and mindfulness-based practices.
Rebecca is trained in Intergroup Dialogue facilitation and believes in ongoing personal and professional growth and advocacy, particularly with regard to intercultural development.
It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for a bird to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
In This Episode
- Rebecca’s website
- Lament for a Son, Noah Porter Professor Emeritus of Philosophical Theology Nicholas Wolterstorf
- Crisis Intervention: Building Resilience in Troubled Times, Lennis G Echterling, Jack Presbury, J. Edson McKee
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com