Bethany Brand, PhD
Bethany Brand, Ph.D. specializes in the assessment and treatment of trauma related disorders including posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and dissociative disorders (DDs).
She has over 25 years of clinical experience, including training at Johns Hopkins Hospital, George Washington University Hospital, and at Sheppard Pratt Health System’s Trauma Disorders program. She is a Professor of Psychology at Towson University.
Dr. Brand has been honored with numerous research, teaching and clinical awards and served on several national task forces that developed guidelines for the assessment and treatment of trauma-related disorders.
Dr. Brand is the Principal Investigator on an international treatment study of DDs (the TOP DD studies). Dr. Brand is the Principal Investigator on a series of studies that are developing methods for distinguishing DDs from other conditions including malingered DDs. She has delivered clinical and research presentations around the world. In addition to assessing and treating patients, Dr. Brand serves as a forensic expert.
The Quote [3:34]
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma? [8:39]
A Crucial Early Mistake [21:17]
Bethany’s Why [27:29]
Bethany’s advice [30:33]
Bethany’s go-to books
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence–From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, Judith L. Herman
- Coping with Trauma-Related Dissociation: Skills Training for Patients and Therapists (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology), Suzette Boon
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com