Barbara Neiman is an Integrative Occupational Therapist, Yoga Teacher 200RYT, a Coach and National Seminar Presenter. She is the author of Mindfulness and Yoga Skills for Children and Adolescents: 115 Activities for Trauma, Self Regulation, Special Needs and Anxiety. She teaches courses on Yoga and Mindfulness for Trauma and Self Regulation to health care providers around the country. As a mind body practitioner of Body Mind Centering since 1989, Barbara has taught healing, movement, and meditation classes to hundreds. Her website is barbaraneiman.com.
Things that are real are given and received in silence.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Barbara talks about how she was simultaneously influenced by several paths–the silence of meditation and the movement of yoga, and also working with young children and families who had been traumatized.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Barbara shares an experience she had when she was too directive with a client and gave them too much information instead of allowing the client to share their own story and experience.
I’m passionate about people connecting to their own inner self and passionate about children having their own down time and an understanding of their own bodies. I feel that we must connect with our own bodies and with one another.
- You have to explore both your mind and your body.
- Develop your own meditative practice and learn to do this yourselves.
Barbara’s go-to books
- Mindfulness & Yoga Skills for Children and Adolescents: 115 Activities for Trauma, Self-Regulation, Special Needs & Anxiety, Barbara Neiman
United State Association for Body Psychotherapy: A therapist-centered membership association committed to organizing, representing, and shaping the future of psychotherapy. Supported by a rich history in somatic psychology and the healing potential of body/mind integration, body psychotherapists help people to deal with their concerns not only through talking but also by helping them to become deeply aware of their bodily sensations, emotions, images, movements, and behaviours.
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com