Authentic Parenting & Trauma Treatment. Anna Seewald
Anna Seewald is a psychologist and parent educator and the host of the Authentic Parenting podcast. Through the synthesis of her 20 years of rich and diverse professional experience as a psychologist and an international educator, along with her own tragic life experience, Anna helps parents to become more mindful in their communication and to create emotional connections and strong relationships.
An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.
May you be open to each thread that comes into your life, the golden ones and the coarse ones. And may you weave them into a brilliant and beautiful life.
Ancient Chinese Proverb
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
From the age of 9, Anna was intrigued with understanding people. After spending some time at a summer camp and working with orphans, she realized with that experience what she wanted to do with her life: help children who had been traumatized.
A Crucial Early Mistake
I used to be presumptuous. I use to want to rush through the process. I used to think, I know this. I got this, and so rush through the process. I used to trust my own intuition and make a decision, instead of allowing my client to share their process with me of what was going on.
I truly, truly want to help children. I’ve seen a lot of kids who suffered and it pains me. By helping parents, this is the way I can help kids.
- Be willing to look at your past. The past is never dead. It’s not even past. (William Faulkner)
Anna’s Go-To Books
- Parenting from the Inside Out: How a Deeper Self-Understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive, Daniel Siegel, MD, Mary Hartzell
- The Body Never Lies: The Lingering Effects of Hurtful Parenting, Alice Miller
- Anna’s website: Authentic Parenting
- Work with Anna
- The Authentic Parenting Podcast
- Anna’s interview with Guy on The Authentic Parenting podcast