Ashley Davis Bush, LICSW
Ashley Davis Bush, LICSW is a psychotherapist in private practice in southern New Hampshire with over twenty-five years experience in the mental health field.
She is also the author of six self-help books, including Transcending Loss and Shortcuts to Inner Peace, and Simple Self-Care for Therapists: Restorative Practices to Weave Through Your Workday.
She is a regular contributor to the Huffington Post and hosts a podcast on webtalkradio.net called “Embracing Change.”
Make me an instrument
Taken from the Saint Francis Prayer
A Crucial Early Mistake
Ashley talks about getting into the field of psychotherapy in her twenties and how she began focusing on grief work. She shares the story of working with a client and making the mistake of telling her, during therapy, that Your grief is going to last forever. Ashley talks about the lessons she learned from that experience.
A higher power wants me to do this work. I feel it’s what I was put on the planet for.
- You cannot think that self-care is unimportant. You’re going to burn out, you’re going to get affected. Find a way to make that happen.
- We make time for the things we really care about. So, put self-care right up there at the top of your list.
Ashley’s go-to books
- Simple Self-Care for Therapists: Restorative Practices to Weave Through Your Workday, Ashley Davis Bush
- Ashley’s books
- Man’s Search for Meaning, Viktor E. Frankl
- Who Dies?: An Investigation of Conscious Living and Conscious Dying, Stephen Levine
- Ashley’s site
- Ashley at the Huffington Post
- Ashley’s Facebook Page: Shortcuts to Intimacy: Staying in Love and Connected Everyday
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com