Anna Berardi, PhD
Anna Berardi, PhD., Lic Marriage & Family Therapist, Lic Prof Counselor Director of the Trauma Response Institute and Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy at George Fox University – Portland, Oregon.
Anna’s specialty in trauma includes work as a private practitioner, graduate mental health educator, with special emphasis on directing the TRI, including the post-graduate certificate in trauma response services.
The approach of the institute is to prepare a variety of professionals to understand human struggle and response through a trauma-informed approach, whether working with k-12 students, individuals, couples, or families overwhelmed with a sudden trauma, or coping with the long-term consequences of trauma.
Another unique feature of their trauma-informed approach is recognizing the role issues of privilege and marginalization play in creating and exacerbating one’s exposure to traumatic events. I view all forms of trauma work as an element of social justice work, just as social justice principles inform our assessment of trauma’s cause and impact.
The Quote [4:42]
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma? [11:34]
A Crucial Early Mistake [19:11]
Sara’s Why [24:55]
Sara’s advice [37:30]
Sara’s go-to books [11:34]
- The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self, Revised Edition, Alice Miller
- Healing the Incest Wound: Adult Survivors in Therapy (Second Edition) (Norton Professional Books), Christine A. Courtois
- Trauma Practice : Tools for Stabilization and Recovery, Anna B. Baranowsky
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com