Anita Sugimura Holsapple
Anita Sugimura Holsapple is a filmmaker, not a therapist. She is also the daughter of a Vietnam veteran, who has written and directed the incredible, forthcoming film Battlefield home: through the lens of the daughter of a Vietnam Vet.
Anita has more than 14 years experience in broadcast as a television news and field producer in both domestic and international markets.
Her knowledge in the field of PTSD and trauma stems from her own personal experiences of being raised in a dual PTSD household. Anita’s mother is a WWII survivor of the bombing of Japan, and her stepfather is a 2x USMC Combat Vietnam Veteran (1/9)
Anita’s current film is called Battlefield home: through the lens of the daughter of a Vietnam Vet, and it was just awarded the Award of Merit from the Accolade Global Film Festival.
Anita holds a Master’s of Science degree in Conflict Analysis & Resolution. Anita is a Board Member for Women In Film & Television– Louisiana as well as an Advisory Board Member of Tactical 16, a veteran owned publishing organization.
Anita has spoken at The Soldier’s Project and Wives of War conferences, as well as other trauma and military related venues. Anita has also volunteered with the WGA Veterans Writing Program in Los Angeles, and the Veteran Writing group of San Diego at Camp Pendleton.
- Help Anita complete post-production on the film. Donate to the film’s Kickstarter campaign site here.
- Anita on Facebook
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com