Andy Hahn, PsyD
Andrew Hahn Psy.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist and founder of Guided Self Healing (GSH), an energy psychospiritual mindbody framework for healing our deepest trauma. Andy teaches workshops nationally on the Enneagram and the Essence Process (which he developed). He received his B.A. from Harvard University and his Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Hahnemann University. Andy has been a faculty member in the graduate counseling programs at Lesley College and Northeastern University.
Andy shares a poem which came through him at the age of nine years old.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Andy talks about his definition of trauma and how this in and of itself inspired him in his work in trauma.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Andy shares an early experience he had working with a woman who came to him having difficulty with the prospect of getting her blood drawn.
My why is an extraordinary gratitude for life. I get to be with people when they experience truly miraculous things.
- Work with the body!
- People can access a wisdom.
- Everything is part of the process and the therapy session.
- Just keep saying
- Listen in the
- There are two kinds of trauma: 1) the experiences that happen in your life trauma, and 2) soul-level trauma.
- There really is no such thing as resistance.
Andy’s go-to books
- The Holographic Universe: The Revolutionary Theory of Reality, Michael Talbot
- The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types, Don Richard Riso
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com