Allan Katz: Trauma Therapist | 2.0 Member Highlight
The individuals in my membership community, Trauma Therapist | 2.0, represent trauma workers of a variety of disciplines, and who are from all over the globe.
Today, I’m talking with one of them, Allan Katz.
Allan is a licensed professional counselor and a certified sex addiction therapist.
Allan currently works in an alcohol and drug residential treatment center where he sees
clients and facilitates the trauma group program for men, using experiential methods
as well as teaching Dialectical Behavior Therapy skills. Allan also treats clients and couples in his private practice where he deals with the trauma of infidelity, sex and love addiction and other relational traumas.
Allan is the author of Addictive Entrepreneurship which deals with the addictive nature of workaholism vs. the need for drive, ambition and hard work to succeed.
In this interview, Allan shares a bit about what drew him into the field, and specifically how he became drawn to studying trauma.
People don’t care how much you know, but they know how much you care by the way you listen.
In This Episode:
- Allan shares how he goes into this specialization of trauma and addiction.
- He also talks about one of his early clinical errors and what he learned from it.
- Allan also tells us about his Why for this work: It’s the love that I get from the clients. When I get a thank-you or you really helped me… That’s what keeps me going.
Allan’s Go-To Books
- Addictive Entrepreneurship, Allan Katz
- Experiential group interventions with DBT; a 30-day workbook for treating addiction and trauma.
- Allan’s Website
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com