Adam Young. Finding Truth In Our Story
There are few things that inspire me more than the ability to cut to the core of an issue within the context of helping those who’ve been impacted by trauma. Meet my guest, Adam Young. Adam wastes no time in this interview cutting sharing his story and the passion which fuels the work he does with both couples and individuals.
First off, a giant thank-you to my sponsor today, Praxis Continuing Education and Training.
Praxis aspires to set a new standard in continuing education for mental health professionals. Based on the philosophy that mental health is a key feature of human well-being, Praxis trains clinicians in using proven-effective tools for helping their clients heal by mixing groundbreaking theory with hands-on, experiential learning models.
Praxis provides innovative live and online trainings conducted by leading experts in behavioral therapies including acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, EMDR, and more. Jump-start your learning today and gain new skills to enhance your practice at praxiscet.com. Take $50 off your first training by entering code LEARN50 at checkout.
Adam is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the states of Colorado and Georgia and holds Master degrees in Social Work (Virginia Commonwealth University) and Divinity (Emory University). He’s completed extensive training with The Allender Center, including the Certificate Program and Externship Program, and is also the host of The Place We Find Ourselves podcast.
Subtle sexual abuse–or covert sexual abuse–is a real thing, that does significant damage, but often goes unnoticed by clinicians.
In This Episode
- Adam’s website
- Silently Seduced: When Parents Make Their Children Partners, Kenneth Adams
- Adam’s Podcast
- Allan N. Schore, PhD
- The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self, Revised Edition, Alice Miller
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com