Courtney Armstrong is the author of The Therapeutic “Aha!” (2015) and Transforming Traumatic Grief (2011). In her 20 years of practice as a licensed professional counselor and grief and trauma specialist, she has helped thousands of clients recover from trauma and experience deep personal transformation.
Courtney also offers training to mental health professionals, showing them how to use creativity, care, and humor to elicit transformation for their clients and make trauma recovery less painful. She is a regular contributor to magazines like the Psychotherapy Networker and The Neuropsychotherapist and has appeared on CBS Radio News, NPR affiliates, and networks in Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Quote [2:21]
The best way to predict your future is to create it.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma? [9:45]
A Crucial Early Mistake [16:00]
Courtney’s Why [21:31]
Courtney’s advice [28:17]
Courtney’s go-to books [36:00]
- Unlocking the Emotional Brain: Eliminating Symptoms at Their Roots Using Memory Reconsolidation, Bruce Ecker
- The Therapeutic “Aha!”: 10 Strategies for Getting Your Clients Unstuck, Courtney Armstrong
- Transforming Traumatic Grief: Six Steps to Move from Grief to Peace After the Sudden or Violent Death of a Loved One, Courtney M Armstrong LPC
- Becoming a Trauma Therapist: Free Online Training
- Trauma Therapist | 2.0: Education, support and inspiration for new trauma therapists.
- One On One Coaching: Work with me to begin your journey to becoming a trauma therapist.
If you enjoy The Trauma Therapist Podcast, Kindly leave a rating and review on iTunes.